Warning symbol

Discussion of Argus 3 cameras
Get advice and repair hints from fellow owners and share project ideas for salvaged parts.
LEQFireBlue

Re: Warning symbol

Post by LEQFireBlue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:46 am

I've tried to add some photos but its not letting me, coming up with several errors. :roll:

LEQFireBlue

Post by LEQFireBlue » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:29 pm

Ok-update

Ignore what I said previously. I stripped her down and got to the 2 metal leaves, there was a thin layer of clear liquid on between them and on the outside to the lens frame. I cleaned them as best I could and the warning symbol has gone and not yet reappeared. BUT....the image is now very blurry/cloudy, when I look at a hot source the image adjusts itself and the picture is very good and the briefly looking around the room the image is good for a few seconds but then readjusts again and is blurry/cloudy. Any ideas. I'm going to strip her again and try and clean her up a bit better and hoping this will do the trick.

Do the leaves need to be able to both sit in the little black sensors either side? I took it apart again and cleaned everything up with white spirit but still seems very cloudy/blurry.

Im bothe happy and annoyed that I managed to get rid of the warning symbol but now ive somehow messed the image up. :evil:

forum_admin
Site Admin

Post by forum_admin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:16 am

Picture below (forum now fixed)

Blurry could simply be out of focus, and looking at a hot thing closes the iris and improved depth of field.

Did the front elements housing go back OK, did you move the screw in the side at all ?

The iris movement should run from one sensor 'gate' blocked (ie full open) through to the other one blocked (ie nearly shut). This is not a 'full obscure' iris. If you need I can take a lens apart and do some more photos

regards
Bill
Attachments
argus3core-2.jpg

LEQFireBlue

Post by LEQFireBlue » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:58 am

Hi Bill,

Success at last!!! :D :D :D I took her apart again to double check I did everything right and re-read everything in this post, which made more sense the more I stripped the TIC. Turns out the I put the leaves back the wrong way round, put them back, cleaned her all up and put her all back together and success!! No warning triangle and a picture that now looks better than it did before. Very happy.

Thank you for all your help, it is very much appreciated. I'm sure something else will go wrong at some point so I may have to pick your brains again.

Thanks again,

Alex

forum_admin
Site Admin

Post by forum_admin » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:09 am

Well done sir !

:D :D :D

regards
Bill