Remote controls

Discussion of Argus 3 cameras
Get advice and repair hints from fellow owners and share project ideas for salvaged parts.
Jobec4

Remote controls

Post by Jobec4 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:19 pm

Hi, I have bought a number of argus 2 & 3 cameras but unfortunately non of the 3's came with a remote. I understand you need this to change the screen from black and white to colour as you can't do it manually.
I don't suppose you know where I can buy these remotes or whether any universal remotes would work. Thanks in advance, matt

forum_admin
Site Admin

Re: Remote controls

Post by forum_admin » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:06 am

Hi Matt,

They use standard Philips codes, (RC something or other) so a standard Philips will do the job. I think I have seen about 5 different ones used. SRU1010 and SRP1001 look like more recent models.

I have used an old TV one, it outlasted the TV !

regards
Bill

Jobec4

Post by Jobec4 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:02 pm

many thanks for your assistance bill, i will give one a try. regards

Jobec4

Post by Jobec4 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:14 pm

Many thanks Bill, really appreciate your assistance. thanks

Fraser

Post by Fraser » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:46 pm

The remote control is the Philips IR remote RC5 or RC6 protocol. A simple universal remote control will work as Bill has stated. E2V Argus helpfully decided to use a standard protocol and buttons. They even used relabelled universal remote controls themselves. A good cost saving for production. The One for All series product code is 11233.

On an Argus 4 the following buttons apply but they will be similar on the Argus 3. Check the manual for details.

Power is the Menu activation
Ch up is Menu up
Ch down is Menu down
Vol down is -
Vol up is +
Mute is OK and Delete

Fraser

Jobec4

Post by Jobec4 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:31 am

Thanks Fraser,

Both you and Bill seem to be very knowledgeable in this area. The remotes I've ordered should be with me any day now so hopefully one of them will work. I will let you know how i get on.

Many thanks for your help and advice.

hellios

Post by hellios » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi, it's a good thing that someone created this place and people can exchange information on the topic of TIC.
About the remotes, my camera had a Philips universal remote, which for some reason did not work and I was wondering if the problem is in the camera or the remote, so as you know many Android phones have IR diodes integrated for use as remote controls so I installed a program from the Play Store called Universal Philips Remote Control and I can confirm that it works perfectly with the camera and all functions are accessible.

So if someone has no remote but android phone with IR that's one solution.